Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 6: Famous Last Words

Honestly, I may be the few to say this but this course has been a rollercoaster for me. Even though it is the sixth week of this course I still forget the requirements for the weekly diary posts. I am very grateful the Ms. Gibbs posts detailed instructions or I would be in exile like Sita. I always knew about these hindu Gods and Goddesses but man, I did not realize the depth of these characters. I now understand why in almost every Bollywood anything: movie, books, tv series; there is always a segment devoted to a God or Goddess. It is really astonishing now that I am recalling all the things I have seen, how devoted the devotees are, which is nothing but great news.

I wish I was able to be a devotee into writing. No doubt, that once I am in the zone to write, I'll write until my hands fall off. Although, the time it takes to get into the zone (AutoZone, I had to) takes me longer than I hope to. Almost every weekend I work so when it comes to the weekend assignments I tend to fall behind. I am still struggling to find a system where I can get all the assignments done to be honored in the Stacks but that day or week has not come yet. I am taking 18 hours so I am busy and am not looking for an excuse not to do the posts, it's just very time consuming. Although, it is worth it at the end. When I can look back at my stories and feel proud is a great feeling. I wish I could feel that in every post:).

Me struggling this week. Source


I read a post from a fellow classmate and fell in love with the style he chose. The breaking news style was so cool to read. I hope to use that style sometime in my future story posts.

Thank you to those who took the time to read my rant!

1 comment:

  1. Hello again, Benika!

    I laughed out loud when I read your line about being in exile like Sita! I took myth folklore last semester, and I totally get what you mean about the class being a rollercoaster. It takes some time to get everything figured out, but it is so worth it by the end of the course! Laura is one of my all time favorite instructors, and I have gotten so much out of both of her courses. I also had a huge courseload last semester (19 hours), and it absolutely makes things difficult. I really hope you’ve sort of found a rhythm for posting!
    Also, I am relating to this GIF SOOOO much right now.

    ReplyDelete