Monday, February 1, 2016

Topics for Storybook

Karma has always had an interesting feeling when speaking about it. I can’t quite describe it but it feels like it is something forbidden to say or think about. Although that’s beside the point. I do believe in Karma but a part of me does not want to. Just because what if I did happen to make a mistake, I am anxiously waiting to find out what my Karma has in store for me. I plan on using Karma as consequences good or bad in my stories.

I can agree to an extent that I am a feminist. I do believe in women power but not to the extreme of fighting constantly to uphold them, which I say from the friends who do so. I do plan on having my main character be a female. I am unaware of the Mahabharata female characters but Sita, Ahalya and Kausalya all sound very familiar. I know I have heard and read about Sita here and there. It does look like she has been the focus of many other stories but that just makes me want to choose someone else. Ahalya has an interesting history with the betrayl from Indra.  I may have to do more research on the characteristics of each female in these epics so I better start now.


Ahalya being the leader of the panchakanya. Source

Along with heroines, comes heroes. I think that women bring the stories to life than if it were a male dominance history.  (See I have my feminist shine through here and there.) Looking through the past storybooks about heroes and heroines I came to concluded that the possibilities are endless. Honestly, each and every storybook intrigued me into reading more and more. In these epic stories, the characters have to match up the intensity that it portrays or the story itself will be a bore.

student falling asleep with boredom. Source.


 Overall, I think love is a universal language that is shared. It does not need any translation and that can be the toughest or easiest topic. I know most of my stories will contain some kind of love since it an emotion that we have all either seen, read, dealt, despise or yearn for. A challenge would be more towards Ahalya and Gautama. Seeing the point of view from her side instead of what he and Rama saw. Sadly, stories like the examples are not created in one night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment