Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Week 5 Reading Diary: Mahabharata PDE Part A



Overall the first part of Mahabharata was a roller coaster of emotions. One second the characters are sad and then the next they are angry as ever. Took me a couple more rereads than I expected but I think it is due to the fact that there are many characters that play a part in one scene. From reading all the stories in Part A, I focused on one particular asset. That asset is from the story of Amba. I chose to put more attention on her just because I can relate. Not meaning I too was captured and exiled but I too have been humiliated from the one I once loved because he claimed that I was with someone else. But that's for another day. I plan to use Amba's humiliation and devotion in this week's story. I believe to use these elements as a key to the characteristics of the heroine or one of the other side female characters.
"Amba" in Indian TV series Mahabharata on Star Plus. Source




The second aspect I was interested was in the friendship to hatred part in Drona and Drupada. This climax has been around for centuries now so it is nothing new but still catches attention. Friendship is something that we, as human beings, adhere to. To see acts of kindness and forgiveness turn into resentfulness and hatred would be a good quality into a story.




Lastly, I'm still hesitating to see if I want to add jealousy as a feature in my story. The story that I took jealousy from is the Duryodhana chapter. No doubt that jealous can play a huge part in the change of tone but I feel like I keep with the humiliation from Amba and the hatred between Drona and Drupada then the story will have no good feeling after reading it. .


Bibliography

1. Amba.

No comments:

Post a Comment