Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Week 6 Reading Diary: Mahabharata PDE Part C



In Part C of the Mahabharata, it was a tad hard to follow because I kept finding myself looking up each character in every chapter. I do not know why I cannot remember the new characters like I did so easily in Ramayana. I was very impressed with Yudhishthira in Krishna’s visit. He explains to the resentful Draupadi that life should not be taken for granted and if there is an open chance, one should take it. He describes that anger is sinful and forgiveness is holiness. He brings a great concept and I think any story that follows this guidelines will bring a good warm feeling to the reader like it did to me.

I also enjoyed reading about Hanuman again. It really surprised me that he had a half-brother. The half-brother being Bhima of all people.


Bhima sought out to be my favorite through the most part in the Mahabharata. The chapter that I liked the most was “Bhima and Kichaka.” When the Prince Kichaka assaulted the dark princess and Bhima came for her rescue reminded me of the usual clique of the handsome prince saving the beautiful princess from the dragon. Although, this story being different in many matters, I still adored it. Bhima slaying the Kichaka and telling the dark princess to warn and save the others was very heroic. I think that adding more to the clique prince saving princess would be fun to write about, of course adding my own twist. Bhima will definitely be a part of my story this week.

Bhima defeating Kichaka. Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment