Thursday, February 18, 2016

Week 5 Reading Diary: Mahabharata PDE Part B

Arjuna's Exile Comic. Source

The Part B of Mahabharata was interesting to the fact that I could not keep up with all the events that were occurring. One thing that did caught my eye is the punishment of exiling someone. I get it that they made a mistake but why do the kings see that to exile someone is the answer. In PDE Mahabharata: Arjuna and Ulupi, exiling is sought to be the correct punishment for Arjuna himself. I do not understand why there was no other way to recompense his offense? I may plan on using a method of exiling a character because it allows them to wander off into an unknown land and bump into more adventures.
The next aspect that caught my attention was the story of Chitra and how ‘she’ confessed her love for Arjuna to the Lord of Love. First of all, to be the lord of love sounds like a pretty awesome job similar to what cupid might do. Secondly, the name being Madana, almost sounding like Madonna is quite funny to me. Madonna helping out with all the material girls out there! I know I would love to hear what Madonna would actually advise Chitra if it was the other way around. I may see if this time I could add humor into my stories because so far it’s been nothing but dramatic. In this chapter, it also talk about how we can read a play about Chitra later on and I plan doing that too. I have always had a fond with musicals and plays. It just expresses such a creative side of you that it’s hard not to love.


No comments:

Post a Comment