Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Week 7 Reading Diary: Mahabharata videos, Part A




Watching theYoutube videos over Mahabharata really made a difference than reading it from a writer. I enjoyed the illustrations especially. I find that with writing and visualizations, detail is key. I kept pausing the videos to see if the artist really was drawing them or not but I remember seeing this technique used in my gateway class years ago so it was nice to see it again. I appreciate that the creators of these videos really took the time to find out about all the characters and their backgrounds when introducing them. It honestly cut my time in half since I did not have to look them up myself. The videos honestly did not take as long as I thought. I kind of wanted to keep on going into the Part B but I think I take a break or something.

All in all, these stories took a while for me to fully appreciate them since it took longer than expected to recognize the characters. My favorite in these illustrations were the Pandavas brothers but more specifically Bheem or Bhima. I used to be the girl who only read the Harry Potter books and compare them to the movies. Although nowadays, all I look for are video options. I wish I knew the PDE version better to see if they were similar with the narration but I totally didn’t or forgot about Bheem's journey with Vasuki. To be in that situation, having snakes surround you when you are all tied, I hope to unleash some kind of Dragon Ball Z powers too. 

Super Saiyan gif. Source Tumblr

1 comment:

  1. I also watched these videos for the reading assignment. I picked this option because they reminded me of 'draw my life' videos on YouTube. I agree with you that seeing the drawings made a bigger impact on me as a reader rather than having to read the original story. I read the PDE version of the Mahabharata, but to be honest, I was super confused on what was going on so I can't remember much detail to compare to these videos!

    ReplyDelete