Thursday, February 25, 2016

Week 6 Reading Diary, continued: Mahabharata PDE Part D



In Part D, reading Drona in Command, I loved the similes and metaphors Dutt used to describe the scenery of the army, “Closer still they came like tigers closing with their reddened paws,
Or like tuskers with their red tusks, eagles with their rending claws!” This descriptive really help with the imagery of the intensity of the situation. I plan on using some similes or metaphors to add more of a depth into my story this week. I feel like every reading I have done before did not keep up with my story at the end of the week. I hope that this week it is different and I can abide to what I want and what I plan on saying.



Another take on this week’s read was the story of Parikshit. I could relate to how his mother, Uttara was behaving after she found out the news of Abhimanyu’s death. I just remember seeing the same reaction when my aunt lost her husband. It was such a traumatizing time that I wasn’t even aware of everyone’s being expect for my aunt. Her wailing and crying were very similar to Uttara. Being a woman, I can give sympathy but I cannot totally related since it has not happened to me personally. I think having an emotional side come out of my stories is a wish. As satanic as that sounds, I like going off of my inspirations for my story. Reading the grief of Uttara made me want to go to her and console her as well with Krishna.



No comments:

Post a Comment