Thursday, March 24, 2016

Week 9 Reading Diary, continued: Pattanaik's Calendar Art: Part B (Ardhanari, Shiva)



In Chapter's 3 and 4 of the Seven Secrets from Hindu Calendar Art by Devdutt Pattanaik, I felt a huge amount of equality between the male and female forms of the Gods/gods and Goddesses/goddesses. In the first video, I felt that the lesson to take away God is Universal and is never in one form. I can agree with that concept because I too believe that God is all around us and knows everything, only difference is the visualization. I did not realize how close religions can get. Watching these videos really make me appreciate the Hinduism. It is very accomplishing to know exactly who came from what God/god. As well as, knowing the difference with God and god. Every detail is significant. It is astonishing to see that femininity was important way back then. Equal opportunities were not as equal but still had a very important weight. There is another concept from chapter 3 that I was intrigued by. The concept was about the way Hindus related between the different types of trees and grassland. I liked knowing that that spiritual shade is unbearable. That spirituality lies within us. I feel like that is a concept we all can learn and teach from. Pass it down to the following generation that spirituality is important to hold on to because it can bring a sense of serenity. I feel like adding a sense of serenity in my story will allow to reach a different side in the reader’s. I want to be able to relate emotions using symbolism. Overall, there were plenty of lessons I learned from Part B and I can’t wait to learn more from the following.

gif of trees. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment