Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Week 14 Reading Diary, continued: Nine Ideal Indian Women: Savitri, Damayanti, Sati, and Uttara Part B

This week I read a chapter out of the Nine Ideal Indian Women: Savitri, Damayanti, Sati, and Uttara by Sunity Devee in 1919. It was very interesting to read how deep of a detail she can go through and despite the book itself being almost a hundred years, the emotion attachment and the feeling that is displayed through the words are still the same. Out of the two women and their chapters, I gravitated more towards Sati. I enjoyed Devee adding so much respect for the mother nature and she portrayed those same insights through Sati. I like how she was first curious with Siva through the art of yoga. I am a huge meditation enthusiast so I was immediately intrigued by this detail in her story. I have a desire in trying Hot Yoga and maybe I can add that detail to my story this week. I was able to sense the love and passion the couple had for the world as well as for themselves. I loved the quote "you are my life because you are my love." A girl can only hope to hear these words come from their one and only. I am no sure if it is derived from her name, Sati but the Hindi word for life partner is "Jeevan Saathi." I think that could be my title for the story. I enjoyed reading about their location of where they started their lives together. Surround by mountains sounds very serene. I think the overall lesson to take from this couple is that spirituality is more important than materialistic things in life. When she was getting all dressed up, I instantly wanted to be her right then and there. In the end, love always has a way of winning. I think love is a great theme to play with in this week's story.


Shiva and Sati. Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment