Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Week 12 Reading DIary: Story of Krishna Part A



I enjoyed reading more about Krishna. This week I read "Cradle Tales of Hinduism" by Sister Nivedita from 1907. I was a great read! I particular enjoyed the beginning of the births of Krishna. There was so much detail I had not known before. I think Nivedita did a great job in describing the emotion as well as the reality sides of each character. After being around many friends who have children or about to, each birth story is different and special. In Devaki's case, this birth story is extra different and extra special. I would wonder what her mind was going through when going through all this during her pregnancy. No one would love to stay in prison and let alone be pregnant at the time. It would be interesting to hear her side of the story. The part when she forgot the world after holding her child for those moments was very enduring to me. I think all mothers are very much like superwomen. To write about the intensity of the moment and the details when she first held him is something I plan on expanding in this week's story. I love how they title Krishna as Babe, very cute. I think it would be interesting to play on this story of having a child and not being ready for the stress to be reciprocated from having Krishna who would one day slay the King. Motherhood is always a great aspect to portray of life itself. I am no where close to that part in life yet but would be interesting to see how I come about it, writing wise. 

Devaki holding Krishna. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment