Thursday, April 21, 2016

Week 13 Reading Diary, continued: The Princes of Elephant City, Part B

In this section of the reading of The Princes of Elephant City by C. A. Kincaid in 1921, there were many times when the stories had got too vivid. Previously, I have mentioned that more details the better but there are times when you need the story to get straight to the point so you don't the attention from your readers. I want to try to use that method in my writing this week. That does not quite mean I will not add any details at all but to organize the outline of the story in a way where there is no need for extra detail. Out of the chapters, the story of King Krishna's death stood out to me the most. I loved reading about how he was able to escape death before from King Kamsa, his uncle. Therefore, I was immediately intrigued when hearing about how he did not escape death this time. I know it is not humorous but I find it ironic that his death was lead by alcohol. Ever since I was little I was warned by many that alcohol is going to kill you so you better never drink it, also coming from a more conservative family, it would make sense for them to say so. I think that, their terminology actually works in this story. I know alcohol consumption is no joking matter but it would interesting to tied in parts and bits of this story into mine. I think I want the story to have the climax being that the main character is forbidden to drink and accidentally does and have the story be more of a triller sense. I do feel bad that while Krishna was trying to mediate and seek peace for his kingdom he ends up getting killed innocently.


Krishna. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment