Thursday, April 7, 2016

Week 11 Reading Diary: Tales of Ancient India, Part B


This week I read The Tales of Ancient India by Edmund CharlesCox in 1887. In reading Part B of the chapters I found the story of Saraswati to be very intriguing. She was a bystander while her husband was remarried and she was not aware of anything of this until the last moment. Indra finding Gayatri to be Brahma’s new spouse was pretty surprising on my end just because they know so little about her and yet she would be the wife of a God now? That part did not make sense but seeing Saraswati’s wrath overcame my confusion.  This week I would like to do a story to portray Gayatri’s side of the marriage. I think it would be interesting to see what she was thinking as Indra took her hand for marriage for Brahma. Was she aware that he was already married? Was she also married and did not tell anyone? I can also display Saraswati’s character variously as well. Did she want to test Brahma to see if he would take another wife? When she spoke of her curse towards Brahma, it can be a good starting point of my story because I can pick up on where she left off. Having her avenges on Brahma would be the beginning of where I can start my climax of my story. I always heard of Saraswati in old hindi films but I am excited to read more about her. I think this week I would have a lot to add in for a climax.

Saraswati. Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment