Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Week 2 Reading Diary: Ramayana Part A PDE






In this week’s diary I enjoyed reading as well as listening to the stories of Ramayana. Having the stories switch from novels to poetries enabled a sort of delicacy to the whole reading. Understanding the assertions made from different God’s can input various emotions but the one thing that stays constant is the environment. I admired that with description we are able to design an image of the background of each story. In the beginning of Ramayana when reading about King Dasharatha, the amount details in the city of Ayodhya really captured my love for the city. I plan on following the same plan in making my story as detailed as possible so the reader can picture it as they take in my perspective.



I am an enthusiast of love stories. While reading I was intrigued by the story of Ahalya. I don’t exactly know how I want to portray the reading just yet. Most likely I’ll write about the story from her perspective but it would also be interesting to have the story come from first person than the third person. Ahalya has many beautiful characteristics which I can definitely work with. The way that seduction play the key role in this story can also influence my story. I may use the enticing part from Ahalya to more of her motive than an innocence she carried. Indra was head over heels for her because Brahma created her to be the most perfect of a woman. The picture below is a replica of how Ahalya was imagined, long black hair, with mesmerizing eyes and a beautiful curve of a body. I am excited to use her as a character in my story.

Ahalya Source

No comments:

Post a Comment