Thursday, January 21, 2016

Storybook Favorites



The first storybook that caught my attention was Hindu Goddess. I was immediately intrigued when the storyline’s introduction was spoken by a child asking her mother for a bedtime story. Ever since I can remember, I always loved playing with children. I have had memories when I used to babysit my little cousins along with my little sister and they would beg for a bedtime story whenever I caught them faking to be asleep. I like the excitement in the girl when the mother is trying to explain the stories about Ganga, Parvati, Lakshmi, and Saraswati. Her excitement made me want to be excited as well. 

Mother reading to child. Source




The second storybook that I chose was Karma Dreams. Now, I don’t practice Hinduism but I definitely believe in karma. I have had experiences personally as well as known others who had experienced karma too. Usually, I used to determinate karma negatively but after understanding that there is a possibility for karma to be positive my faith is now stronger. This storybook is well written and it elucidates the dreams of four different people who are faced with difficult decisions for their future. Knowing how karma is very effective in whatever happens, their future is at stake if chosen the wrong path.



Lastly but not least, my top favorite storybook is How I Met Your Mother. When I saw the title I was a little confused and thought this had to be mistakenly added on the list. After reading the introduction, I was determined to share it with my friends because of how funny the concept is. I admire how creative Rachel Cunningham was by thinking of replicating the notion of a father’s perspective of how they met their future wife. I am a huge fan of the real TV series. To the point where I used to host watch parties when the show first started. So with that being said, I am already in love and can’t wait to discuss more about this storybook.


I love how different and interesting all of the storybooks are and am very excited to find out more information about them later on!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Benika! I was also so intrigued by all of the unique and different storybooks there were to chose from. I am glad you chose three different ones then I chose because then I was able to get an idea for three new ones. I chose a CSI one because I love crime shows so I was able to relate with you on the How I Met Your Mother one. Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete