Monday, January 25, 2016

Learning Everyday about Challenges



Honestly, the one topic that I believe surrounds the rest is attention. It is one of the only topics that supports the others. For example, if you lose attention, you can lose your health, attention span in time and reading and loose the care for others. H.E.A.R.T. is a great concept and I do believe that it is something that each and every one of us has faced at least once in our lives.


Happiness is a given gift that most people take for granted, myself included. I did not and still do not realize how lucky I have it. There are some days when it gets tough and I just want to quit but that’s when Empathy kicks in. I have a beautiful family with loving parents and I often forget the sacrifices they did to give me a better life. I need to pay more Attention in giving them Happiness from taking away their heartaches. The one thing I wish I did more is Read. I remember the days when AR points were not a big deal because I was infatuated in books. From mysteries to love stories, I loved them all. Lastly, Time. Time is something that we need to stop, figuratively of course. In our fast-paced world, if we are not with the time then we are automatically ‘living in the past’. It get ridiculous on how quick our generation has become. It seems like ‘trends’ have a whole new definition to all most every aspect in life.


In the long run I do believe that time is very essential but in my perspective without attention there is no way of telling what is or is not important. Currently, I know myself at a procrastinator and turning this blog in at 2:30 A.M. will surely be evidence but that does not mean that I can’t change. Certainly there are times when I have finished my work on time or even earlier but having so many distractions and other commitments some things end up coming in last place. Now saying so, I am not trying to justify myself, simply reassuring that it happens.



Being a 21 year old, I am sure there are more wise and conceptual advices out there on life. My perspective about life revolves around the typical, “don’t give up”, “see the brighter side” and nonetheless “live your life your way” theme. I’m hopeful that as I make more mistakes (which I have no doubt about) I will learn from them like I have in the past and make good of them.

Procrastination meme. Source.

1 comment:

  1. Hello again, Benika!

    Your procrastination flowchart is hilarious!! While I generally have a pretty good attention span, especially for things related to/for school, I have really struggled these past few weeks. I have a lot of other (in some ways more important) things on my mind, and it has been almost impossible to get things done. Your flowchart is actually speaking to me! I also really liked your assurance that it happens. It totally does, and that is a wonderful example of growth mindset. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete