Monday, January 25, 2016

Growth Mindset: Increase your Knowledge



I know what growth is and I know what mindset is but I have never heard the two terms together. Listening to Carol’s point of view of growth and fixed mindset, I had mixed emotions trying to relate. I have a comfort zone and it is usually in the middle, not one side or the other. I’m sure that I do fit into fixed or growth only but I’m a huge believer in best of both worlds. Having a growth mindset will surely do good. The only problem would be having the constant thrive to keep growth and never cutting yourself too short.



I took for granted how simple high school was compared to college. In high school there was little to no competition and yet everyone graduated as valedictorian. The reason being is the location as well as the education level in the district itself. I remember moving in 5th grade from a community who strive to become very high in education because that was their only way of receiving funds to transferring to the new elementary who strive in looking like the best on the outside but asking for parents on the down low to fund the school.




I always believe that the one thing that can stop improving is knowledge. It is your best bet in anything in life. The more you know the more powerful you will feel. After surviving college for 4 years, I have come to terms in growth. I struggled all throughout college but never gave up. Even though I had a more hopeful mindset in which position I’d be in my last semester I am just happy in graduating with a degree. Finally to have a piece of paper that will help me pay the worth of every caffeine and sleepless nights that was put into it. I wish everyone to always believe in themselves because you are your biggest supporter.


Growth Mindset meme. Source

1 comment:

  1. Hello again!

    I definitely see what you mean when saying you were in the middle concerning Carol's Growth Mindset. I actually took what she said to heart, because my entire life people have always just called me smart. Few ever gave me credit for trying really hard, because it was always turned back to being "born with it". I think it is unfair for people to say that someone got to a position just because they were born being smart; instead, we should say that someone worked very hard to get where they are (which includes the knowledge gained along the way).

    Great to see your point of view! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete